If your child has a cut, this article can help you determine whether he/she requires stitches or staples.
Here are some indicators that your child’s cut may be infected. If you notice any of these signs, you should see your child’s doctor immediately:
- A pimple or yellow crust has formed on the wound.
- The scab has increased in size.
- Increasing redness occurs around the wound.
- A red streak is spreading from the wound.
- The wound has become very tender and painful.
- Pain or swelling is increasing 48 hours after the wound occurred.
- The lymph node draining that area of skin is large and tender.
- A fever occurs.
- The wound hasn’t healed within 10-14 days after the injury.
Click here to read more Doctor’s Orders articles